If you’re paying month after month for expensive ink and toner, you’re not alone. Data has historically shown that 87% of all organizations don’t know what they are truly spending on document output expenditures.
What are all of these hidden costs? Businesses across the U.S. spend a surprising chunk of their budget on print devices, supplies, maintenance and repair.
If you’re looking to improve your print flow, start by taking a hard look at your current printing practices.
13 Questions About Your Office Printing
Ask yourself these 13 important questions to discover ways to reduce your spending and eliminate print-related headaches:
- Do you have a print purchasing process? As in, have you outlined who orders your supplies and from where?
- How much do you spend on supplies a month? Do you have a set budget?
- Do you know how many pages you print a month, on each device or at each office location, and understand the cost-per-page?
- How many invoices do you currently process, or vendors do you work with?
- Do you restrict which devices can print in black and white, or color?
- How many printers and copiers do you own office-wide? Are all being used or fully functional?
- Do you know the difference between inkjet vs. laser printers and their advantages/disadvantages?
- Are any of your devices multifunctional, which can serve as a copier, fax and scanner all-in-one to cut costs?
- How old are your devices?
- What have you done when a printer or copier breaks down and cannot be fixed? Do you buy a new one?
- How do you dispose of your old printers or copiers to ensure the data they house doesn’t get into the wrong hands or to reduce your environmental impact?
- Who services your printers? Do you have a go-to source? Do you rely on your in-house IT team to fix your copier?
- Have you considered leasing your copiers and printers?
You might not have all the answers on-the-spot. For those who don’t, there’s likely some holes in your managed print strategy, costing extra time and money.
Get the answers and the solutions you need, with the help of our educational Managed Print Services Infographic.
3 Quick Ways to Assess Your Print Devices, Security & Usage
Now that you’ve started thinking about your printing practices, you’re ready to start assessing your print strategy, holistically, to make some important changes.
Knowledge is power, and only after you evaluate your current, office-wide print habits can you make adjustments to save your company valuable time and money.
Check out our managed print info-graphic for help choosing the right devices, improving your printer hard drive security and accessing your usage.
Printing Out of Control?
Understanding your current print practices is the first step to printing smarter, to reduce waste and safeguard your wallet.
If after reviewing these questions and the info-graphic, you realize you’re in over your head— that’s okay. Small and large companies alike trust our team at Access Systems for managed print services, and we want to show you why.
Explore how we transformed two businesses’ print operations by downloading these case studies.